As an organization admin user, you are able to create new transformer assets and install or uninstall a sensor for a given transformer. Non-admin user can not perform these tasks.
Create Transformer Assets
New transformer assets can be added by clicking the green +Asset button on the Transformers page.
Fill the form in the pop-up opened page and click Create Transformer button.
Created Asset will be listed under the below table. Click on the newly created asset.
Click the settings wheel on the right to configure the new transformer.
Assigning Sensors to Transformer Assets
Click on the drop-down menu, from the top right corner of the screen and select ‘Manage Sensors’. This will bring up a table where sensors can be installed on or uninstalled from a particular transformer.
Click on the overflow button (3 dots) to perform different action on the sensor.
- The install sensor button is for installing a sensor on a particular asset. Clicking install sensor will bring up a pop-up table. Select the asset and install date.
- The view graphs option will only appear once a sensor has been installed on a particular transformer
- The uninstall sensor option will only appear once a sensor has been installed on a particular transformer
Note: The install and uninstall date should match the date when the sensor was physically installed or uninstalled from a transformer.
Sensor Installation Management
- The section can be accessed by clicking on a sensor in the list or selection manage sensor option in the overflow.
- Press the edit button to change current installation dates or change installation history.
- Sensor can also be installed or uninstalled from this section,
Continuity of Transformer Data
From June 2022, the Ecostruxure Transformer Expert product has been changed to be transformer asset-centric, rather than sensor-centric in terms of datasets. Therefore, any data logged for a given transformer is not lost if that transformer has a change in its sensor allocation. The measured (and derived) data from any sensor continues to be linked with a transformer. There will only be gaps in datasets for time periods where a transformer has no assigned sensor.
This functionality enables a replacement sensor to be installed in a transformer and data from the previous and new sensor will be automatically concatenated.