Once the sensors are dispatched from DTS production to front office or partner they will appear in unassigned sensor tab in the distributor dashboard. From this tab, the distributor users can assign sensor to relevant organization.
An overview of the sensor management process is shown below.
Assigning Sensors to an Organization
Unassigned sensors will be found on the unassigned sensor page. Here you can assign sensors to an organization. Click Assign button to start assigning process.
Select organization account and click Assign Sensor button.
Unassigning sensors from an Organization
To unassign sensors from one of your organizations.
- From the organization select the relevant organization
- Select the “Sensors” tab. This will bring up a table of all the organization sensors.
- Select the unassign button. A sensor can only be unassigned from an organization if it is not installed (virtually) on a transformer. To uninstall press the uninstall button.
- Once a sensor has been unassigned you can view it in your unassigned sensor list.
Sensor Installation Management
To install or uninstall sensors, for one of your organizations:
- From Home, select the relevant organization
- Select the “Sensors” tab. This will bring up a table of all of the organization’s sensors, the associated transformer, as shown below:
- For a quick install/uninstall select the relevant option by clicking the overflow button (3 dots)
- Selecting the manage sensor option or clicking the sensor will take user to manage sensor page.
- The edit button will let you edit the installation dates.
IMPORTANT: Once a sensor is installed on a transformer from the specified date, all data collected by that sensor will be associated with the transformer in which it is installed. Conversely, if a sensor is uninstalled, data collected by the sensor will no longer be associated with that transformer. The data collected by an "uninstalled" sensor is not lost. It is available to be assigned to a transformer in retrospect.
Continuity of Transformer Data
From June 2022, the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert product has been changed to be transformer asset-centric, rather than sensor-centric in terms of datasets. Therefore, any data logged for a given transformer is not lost if that transformer has a change in its sensor allocation. The measured (and derived) data from any sensor continues to be linked with a transformer. There will only be gaps in datasets for time periods where a transformer has no assigned sensor.
This functionality enables a replacement sensor to be installed in a transformer and data from the previous and new sensor will be automatically concatenated. It also enables a distributor to test a sensor in the workshop, but not include that test data in the calculations by choosing the correct date of physical installation in the target customer transformer.