The Wi-Fi EcoStruxure Transformer Expert option uses a Wi-Fi adapter in place of the standard cellular modem. This means that Wi-Fi will be the only way that the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert can connect to a network.
Customers have the option of providing Schneider Electric with the SSID and Password of the on-site Wi-Fi network prior to the shipping of their order. The provided Wi-Fi credentials will be pre-programmed into the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert units, so that they will automatically connect with no additional onsite set-up.
The Wi-Fi credentials can also be configured or adjusted on-site, by connecting the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert to a computer via the USB-to-RS485.
Steps for Wi-Fi Configuration:
- Download the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert-wifi-adjuster .zip file appropriate for your operating system type and extract the contents to an easy to access location. The .zip files can be found at the bottom of this article.
- Within the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert-wifi-adjuster folder, open the wifi_details.txt file using a simple text editor (e.g. Notepad, Chocolat or Nano) and enter the Logger ID and Wi-Fi credentials (more information on this file and its contents restrictions can be found in the README.txt file). Save and close the file.
- Connect the supplied USB-to-RS485 cable to a USB port on your computer and the other end to the female M12 connector on the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert.
- Within the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert-wifi-adjuster folder, run the wifi_changerexecutable. A terminal window will open showing the progress of the changes, check that the SSID and Password printed in the window match those of your Wi-Fi network.
- When prompted by the program (“PLEASE RESTART THE EcoStruxure Transformer Expert UNIT TO BEGIN THE UPDATE PROCESS.”), restart the logger. To do so, fully disconnect and reconnect the power cable M12 connector to the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert unit.
- The EcoStruxure Transformer Expert will power on and, after booting up (1 - 2 minutes), will start to communicate with the wifi_changer program and attempt to make the changes to its Wi-Fi credentials. Once the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert unit has successfully made the changes, the following text will be printed to the wifi_changer terminal:
"The logger's Wi-Fi details have been updated, the logger will now attempt to reboot itself. Please go to http://install.aurtra.net/ and enter the 7-digit logger number. If the logger has successfully connected with the new Wi-Fi credentials, it should show as having uploaded after 5 minutes."
- During the update process, carefully observe the terminal as additional information on potential errors and possible fixes will be printed on the screen.
- After waiting 5 minutes, go to https://install.aurtra.net and enter the Logger ID.
- Green Tick: The EcoStruxure Transformer Expert unit has connected to the Wi-Fi network using the new credentials and is uploading successfully.
- Red Cross: Communications issue.
Possible causes of communications issues:
- Wi-Fi details loaded onto the logger did not match those of the Wi-Fi network. Please check the contents of the wifi_details.txt file and the additional information in the README.txt file.
- The Wi-Fi signal strength in the logger's location is poor.
- The logger is being blocked from connecting to the Wi-Fi network.
- A network firewall or other settings are preventing the logger from uploading data to the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert data server. Running the EcoStruxure Transformer Expert-wifi-tester may help in determining whether this is the case.
Please sign in to leave a comment.